Saturday 19 February 2011

Thoughts on Bow Nessie

 My first thoughts on the photos of Bow Nessie were that I have never seen an animal look like that in the water. It could have course have some sort of frill on it's back that gives it that sharp hump appearance .It reminded me of a crocodile, I don't know why. I did however think this was inconsistent in the eye witness testimony:

Then they spotted a mysterious creature the size of three cars gliding across the lake.
“It was petrifying, we paddled back to the shore straight away,” said Mr Pickles.
“At first I thought it was a dog and then saw it was much bigger and moving really quickly at about 10mph.
source:Wwestmorland Gazette


Why would you think a creature the size of 3 cars was a dog? I know you can get large dogs but you would not presume a creature that size was a dog.Plus how many dogs have humps? Now it may have been the way it was reported and it was not meant to sound  like that at all.The problem is we have seen so many photos of lake creatures debunked in the past that I think we all become sceptical.
However it is not the first report of   a monster in Cumbrian lakes :
http://cryptozoo-oscity.blogspot.com/2010/01/ice-age-predator-in-watwater-cumbria.html

Lets see what developes.

No comments: